October 25, 2007

NHL Network US October-November Schedule

The NHL today announced its first batch of games that will appear on the NHL Network in the US beginning this Friday, October 26th. Buffalo and Florida (ooooh!) kick off the action tomorrow night and Dallas and Pittsburgh will end the first portion of live-games on November 30th. The NHL Network US is planning to broadcast 50 regular-season games and is currently available on many cable providers across the country. Unfortunately for me, I have Direct TV and it is yet to be found there.

Rumor has it that it's supposed to premier at the end of the month...well, we're at the end of the month. I was able to catch a half-hour of On the Fly, their version of NHL 2Night at my girlfriend's house who has Cablevision. I really enjoyed the way they do the highlight packages, which are just like Fox Soccer Channel's English Premier League highlight show. No anchors talking over the coverage, just the play-by-play man and lengthier highlights. On the Fly also has live look-ins at current games and last night I was able to see a goal in the Calgary-Minnesota game.


October/November 2007 NHL Network U.S. Game Telecast Schedule


Friday, October 26 Buffalo @ Florida 7:30 ET 4:30 PT


Wednesday, October 31 Columbus @ Los Angeles 10:30 ET/7:30 PT



Wednesday, November 7 Nashville @ Detroit 7:30 ET/4:30 PT


Friday, November 9 Toronto @ Buffalo 7:30 ET/4:30 PT


Wednesday, November 14 Edmonton @ Vancouver 10:00 ET/7:00 PT


Friday, November 16 Montreal @ Buffalo 7:30 ET/4:30 PT


Sunday, November 18 Detroit @ Columbus 5:00 ET/2:00 PT


Wednesday, November 21 New Jersey @ Pittsburgh 7:30 ET/4:30 PT


Friday, November 30 Dallas @ Pittsburgh 7:30 ET/4:30 PT



I'm eagerly awaiting the NHL Network US launch on Direct TV. Just flipping through the programming grid and the upcoming classic games, documentaries, and highlight shows, I'm pretty sure I might never leave my house again and that my TiVo will be on overdrive pretty soon.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: