August 10, 2008

Theo Fleury's Baseball Debut a Success (w/video)

Last night, former NHL'er Theo Fleury made his professional baseball debut as a member of the Golden League's Calgary Vipers. In the bottom of the fifth inning, Fleury was brought on as a pinch hitter and ripped a single up the middle, much to the delight of the 2044 fans in attendance at Foothills Stadium in Calgary.



While on first base, Fleury, who's always been a gamer, made a slight attempt to break up a double play.



During the second game of the double-header, Fleury played left-field and on his first fielding attempt, made a catch on his knees.



Fleury, who said in an interview with LCS Hockey that he played catcher as a kid, ended his night with the Vipers by going 1-3 with two strikeouts. The former flame said the entire night was a dream come true.

"I've had so many things happen in my life already that I sometimes surprise myself with the things I've done, the things I've accomplished," said Fleury. "This was just another one of those days.

"It was just great to be a part of this today."

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: