October 30, 2008

Bogus Jay Feaster Rumor Spreads Like Wildfire

It's amazing how quickly message board rumors spread. A poster on the LetsGoPens.com wrote that Jay Feaster was on NHL Live today and said that the Pens and Thrashers were in talks about a "major" deal. Obviously, looking at the Atlanta roster any "major" deal would have to include Ilya Kovalchuk, who will be a free agent in 2010. The rumor spread mightily, caused Pens fans to get their hopes up of a top-flight winger for Sidney Crosby and say their goodbyes to Jordan Staal. It obviously peaked my interest as I was curious to see how the dollars would work within the salary cap.

I went to NHL.com and found the Feaster interview and awaited to hear exactly what he had to say. about this deal.

I'm still waiting. Feaster never mentioned the supposed deal and another internet rumor was born.

You can listen to the interview HERE.

Ballhype: hype it up!


Subscribe to this feed

1 comment:

tecmo said...

Meh, I wouldn't want Ilya anyway. Not since that bullshit in Sid's rookie year (I think) when he scored while Sid was in the box and pointed at Crosby. Dick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2US4iaPjag