Top 5 scorers among left wings:
- Alexander Semin - 14 points (7g-7a)
- Paul Kariya - 12 points (2g-10a)
- Thomas Vanek - 11 points (8g-3a)
- Zach Parise - 11 points (6g-5a)
- Patrick Sharp - 11 points (5g-6a)
- Brad Boyes - 11 points (7g-4a)
- Marian Hossa - 11 points (4g-7a)
- Jarome Iginla - 10 points (6g-4a)
- Milan Hejduk - 9 points (6g-3a)
- Nikolai Zherdev - 9 points (4g-5a)
What does this mean going forward? It means there is less depth on the right wing (obviously), which makes someone like a Hossa or an Iginla that much more valuable. Consistent scoring from the right wing could be tough to come by this season, and that should weigh into any personnel decisions you make going forward.
Fantasy 3 Stars of the Week
- Jarome Iginla - Five goals, two assists, and a +3 is about all you could ask for in one week. Although the zero in the PIM column was a bit of a downer for Iginla owners.
- Patrick Sharp - Sharp and his teammates in Chicago have apparently responded to the coaching change in the Windy City. Sharp led the way with three goals, three assists, and a game-winner. Of Sharp's six points this week, four came with the man advantage.
- Marian Hossa - Hossa had a great week for the winged wheel, a week that included a pair of goals in his first game against Atlanta since being traded last February. In all "Benedict Marian" managed three goals and three assists to go along with six PIM and a +4 rating.