October 25, 2008

Going Five Hole Turns One!

Wow, it's crazy to believe that it's been a year since GFH was born with these three test posts and less than week later was hitting the big time when "My Favorite Goalie Masks" posts blew up. A Yahoo! Puck Daddy gig and 600+ posts later, we've accomplished a lot in our little spot here on the Internets and it's all thanks to you, my readers.

You've become my friend and fan on Facebook and Myspace, a member of my Cooke-y Monsters Fan Club, supported my bid to replace Mike Brophy at The Hockey News and made the Mike Lange Tournament of Quotes absolutely bizonkers*.

(*"bizonkers" is a trademark of the NHL and Gary Bettman)

I can't thank everyone enough who visits regularly, comments and links posts created here. It's a very cool feeling when something you write is read by people from all over the world and valued. Looking at the stats counter, there's people who have visited GFH from as far as Singapore, Brazil, Greece, United Arab Emirates, and India among many other non-hockey hotbeds.

In the last year, these were the five largest viewed posts and which generated the most buzz:

My Top 10 Don Cherry Suits
-People love to hate Grapes, but his wardrobe on Hockey Night in Canada is something to behold.

Wacky European Goalie Goal
-Those crazy Euros with their blatant advertising and goalies crossing center ice to score on a 2-on-1....wait, what?

Some of my Favorite Goalie Masks
-The first big post here at GFH. A photo listing of my favorite all-time masks in NHL history.

Don Cherry Would Like You to be Blind
-This suit was one that made you need UV-protected sunglasses to see.

Video: The Barry Melrose ESPN Goodbye Party
-ESPN bid farewell (for the moment) to the mulleted-one in a send-off featuring an attractive girl reading off cue cards, Steve Levy, John Buccigross and others giving Melrose spreading some bromance.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to celebrate GFH's first birthday like I did when I turned one myself:

Pantsless, drooling on the couch watching hockey


Ballhype: hype it up!


Subscribe to this feed

8 comments:

Teebz said...

Congrats, Sean! Solid as always!

Keep up the great work in Year 2!

Whale4ever said...

Awesome Sean! Great being a part of it.

squawky said...

Fantastic stuff so far (ok, so I missed most of Year 1 - that's what archives are for).

Congrats, and keep up the good work!

Allison said...

WHOO! Happy Birthday GFH!

Keep up the awesome work!

Ken said...

Congrats on the one year milestone!

Keep up the great work!

eyebleaf said...

Joyeux Anniversaire!

Goon said...

Congrats...

Sean said...

Congratulations!