December 11, 2008

My Winter Classic Seventh-Inning Stretch Sing-a-Long


As Wyshynski found out Tuesday over at Puck Daddy when he interview the NHL's Executive VP of Marketing, Brian Jennings, the league is thinking about having some sort of seventh-inning stretch during the Winter Classic. Whether that's singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame", a well-known tradition at Wrigley Field is still up in the air.

What's funny is that morning, before he posted it up, I had emailed Jennings with the idea of the NHL possibly doing a contest where fans can create their own seventh-inning stretch song to be performed by a celebrity at the Winter Classic.

I'm no lyricist, but here's my entry if this idea ever comes to fruition.

Take me out to the pond
Take me out to the crowd

Buy me some nachos and a cold beer
I don't care if i get in a fight
For it's root root root for the home team
If they don't win it's a shame

For it's one, two, three, four, five, six games
And you're out if you say "sloppy seconds"


Ballhype: hype it up!


Subscribe in a reader


eBay auction benefiting the Mario Lemieux Foundation


No comments: